A simple yet effective program to handle the logistics of storing products/equipment on behalf of others.
Features and Benefits
- Numerous product types for any number of clients
- Multiple delivery addresses and billing arrangements
- Ability to split a delivery into various product codes (with a table that dynamically grows for new entries)
- Stock rotation capabilities, thus meeting Quality Accreditation procedures (HACCP)
- Ability to track stock discrepancies
- Extensive reporting
- Adaptable to your specific needs: (eg: disable unwanted fields, customise contacts manager)
- Minimal data entries, effecting accuracy and efficiency
This package consists of 4 modules linked together performing as one seamless solution. Where applicable, the current window utilises / updates data in other linked windows.
- Contacts – A contacts manager.
- Products – Stores information about each product in storage (dimensions, weight, import / export pricing etc)
- Tracks stock movements.
- Generates invoice functions.
- Pallet Conversion.
- Product/Client relationship.
- Invoices – Client billing (usually based on Stock Movements)
An interactive Accounting module is optional.
STAGE 1 – Stock in
- Create / update client details: Refer to Contacts module.
- Enter details in the Storage module: A client’s stock is accepted, with a docket reference (eg: consignment note) to confirm.
STAGE 2 – Storage and tracking
- Allocate storage codes. You can split incoming stock into different codes (table dynamically grows for new entries).
- Stock Transfer. If required, you can transfer units of stock from one Product Code to another (of same type).
- Stock Rotation. The Storage module (Movement window) keeps record of the stock movement being stored for each client. A movement record is saved to enable a Rotation Report to be made as required. Tracing stock movement from one location to another supports the FIFO method of stock management (First In, First Out)
- Stocktake. If the Accounting Module is installed, a General Ledger transaction is generated by the system.
STAGE 3 – STOCK OUT
Locate and dispatch:
- The system supplies a Dispatch Slip based on the batch numbers/locations, product code and number of units required (utilising data in the Movement window, Contacts and Products).
- As applicable, you can either accept defaults, or choose from list, or enter new.
- In absence of a delivery address, the postal address seconds as the delivery address.
- The Invoices module utilises data from: Contacts, Products, and the Movement window.
- Most invoices are automatically generated by stock movements in the Storage module.
- Amendments to special invoices are possible. Miscellaneous charges and/or credits can be added.
- Some Invoice window features not required for your operations can be disabled in the Invoice Preferences (order number; delivery address, delivery method, delivery date)
- A dual note feature enables one note for the client, and second private note for your office only.
- Invoices can be exported to MYOB.
- Based on: relevant movements not yet invoiced up to, and including, the nominated date. (the relevant movements are as nominated via preferences)
- Options: Invoice only, Invoice Detail, Movement Detail.
- View /Edit: You can view via the Invoice module. Open invoices can be edited.
- Print options: The Invoice Detail and Movement Detail reports can be printed from either the Storage Reports menu or with the invoice run (as per nominated invoice number range)
Invoice Detail Report
- A list of each current stock item of the particular customer showing: Movement In and Movement Out and Closing On Hand Balance, all in number of pallets tracked.
- Calculation methods can be nominated via preferences.
Movement Detail Report lists
- Each current stock item of the particular client, showing movements in/out and stock on hand (closing balance)
- Totals for both units and pallet numbers.
- For a given date range, contact code range and product code range, this report tracks each current Batch ID showing its movement from location to location and if appropriate, its arrival and delivery dates.
- Relevant dispatches for nominated date range provide details for client, quantities and current storage locations.